Just for fun...

Friday, July 14, 2006

Back on American soil...


rosemary and louise who had us out to their farm for dinner














heaven









welp, I'm home. It feels good to be home, but yes, i am experiencing just a lil' culture shock being back. I know I told you this before, but I fell in love with N. Ireland and could've stayed there (now no one get worried, I'm not going to pack up and move... but I will DEFINATELY try my hardest to get back to Ireland someday soon!)
Our last day in Ireland was great... we went for a lil' hike and saw an amazing castle. Topped off the day by having 5:30 tea (meaning dinner, dessert and tea) at an Irish Farm. Two ladies from the church (sisters: rosemary and louise) own and run this farm which they also turned into a bed and breakfast. WE HAD A BLAST! the weather was beautiful, the view was breath-taking... and the fellowship was a hoot! :) Then all the sudden I felt like I was in heaven when the rosemary and louise took us out to see their new 2 week old foal. THAT WAS EXCITING... for those of you who know me and know that I absolutely LOVe horses.... I was so excited I wanted to yell! :) but held it in to not spook the horse. :) It was a great way to end the trip!
Travels went home went well, but was very LONG. On the drive home from Salt Lake to Pocatello I am sooooo glad my roommate picked us up drove us home! I seriously was so tired I felt like I was drugged. I would close my eyes for 30 seconds and then open them and then look outside and everything outside was flipped upside down... we were driving on the sky and the road was above us... nothing I said was understandable and I bugged my roommate by asking every 5 min. if she was ok (I dont remember this at all!)
Anyhow... there is so much to share about Ireland... I have many stories to share and pictures... but for now, I am desperate for a nap! :)

3 Comments:

At 6:30 PM , Blogger Janel said...

Glad you are home safe. The foal looks so adorable. My neighbor grew up with horses on their farm. I told her about how you used to look out the window every Christmas to see if Santa brought you your horse. Do you still have charger? what about buttermilk? Those were cute horses.

 
At 5:18 PM , Blogger Fawn said...

you weren't bugging me, i'm glad you wanted to make sure i was awake ;)

 
At 5:12 PM , Blogger Adriane said...

i missed you, sara!! i'm excited to see more pics and hear some stories.... see you wed!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home