Just for fun...

Monday, December 10, 2007

What will your shoe choice be today?

Sometimes I wonder about people and their choice for footwear. I was thinking about this as I sat in the Salt Lake city airport recently waiting for my flight to Pasco, Wa. Over a one hour period I saw dozens of people running to catch flights. Some were just speedy trots, but some were full out sprints. And most of these people weren't wearing proper footwear for such athletic moves through a busy airport. Men in fancy dress shoes and brief cases can't run in a manly fashion... yup, they ran like girls. Women who were trying to run in dress heels were half limp trotting trying to keep their shoes on their feet and without gain much speed at all. I would suggest, when traveling, to keep a pair of tennis shoes handy that could be slipped on when the circumstances for the day might call for an all out sprint or trot from one location to another.
Today it is snowing and cold. I will be walking a lot outside... With this being the case, I chose to wear my leather boots that work well in such weather. They can be slippery at times, but provide me with enough traction needed to get me around. If I need to run, they won't cause me much of a hinderence at all. They keep my feet dry in the wet snow, where as some tennis shoes might let in too much moisture.
What shoes are you wearing today, and why?

3 Comments:

At 5:27 AM , Blogger Janel said...

remember our eastland boots that made us slip and fall all the time?

 
At 7:06 PM , Blogger Steph said...

Hooker boot cause they're fun :)

 
At 9:28 PM , Blogger Fawn said...

i have naked feet because i am lazy and free from finals and don't have to leave the house! NAKED FEET!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home