Just for fun...

Monday, March 13, 2006

IT'S EXTREME BABY!

Last night I watched for the first time in my life part of Extreme Make-over, Home Edition. Talk about a tear jerker. They really know how to produce a t.v. show that messes with your emotions. All of American can sit down together and for an hour, laugh together, cry together, and have this thing inside of us rise up and compel us to want to jump up and go do something nice for someone. Build them a house, buy them a car, buy them dinner, just in someway we want to go HELP someone. But then we get up after the show and pop some popcorn, get a drink, and sit down for some more t.v. viewing and that feeling to help is gone. As quick as it comes.... it goes. Why do so many American's LOVE extreme make-over type shows... feel good shows? I think it gave me my fix for an hour of feeling like there is some good going on in the world. And then I went on to watch my T.V. show about terrorist trying to blow up America. In 2 hours I can get both extremes. I think I kind of find that humorous. I think God is wanting to give me so much more of his heart... so much more of a 24/7 desire to step outside of my selfish self and help people more... love people more. That a 1 hour tv show won't make me feel like I got my fix of "good stuff happenin' in this world." That I would see that kind of good stuff personally in my daily life. That I would have the wisdom and knowledge to know what people are going through and to have just the right words or acts of encouragement to totally lift someones spirits or shine a light on God's Truth for them. I want to be like the extreme make-over home edition team -- Not on houses, but that in everyday life I would see extreme make-overs going on in people's lives around me, emotionally and spiritually... Who wants to be apart of that kind of extreme make-over team?

6 Comments:

At 9:24 PM , Blogger Steph said...

Interesting thoughts. Can you imagine what the world would look like if everyone considered extreme make-over more that just a show to watch but that everyone can act to effect the lives of others.
They built a chapel in their house! How cool.

 
At 9:57 PM , Blogger Sara said...

I love that line in the movie It's a Wonderful Life:
"Strange, isn't it? Each man's life touches so many other lives. When he isn't around he leaves an awful hole, doesn't he?"
This was Clarence talking after George got to see how amazingly different people's lives would be if he had never been born.
I like to think about that for our own lives: We have no stinkin' clue the impact our lives really have on people around us... Could our lives have an even greater impact if we lived a little differently? ? ?

 
At 10:33 PM , Blogger holly said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:48 AM , Blogger Bobbinoggin said...

gawl. why is everyone talking about things that match what i'm thinking about so poignantly!?! craziness.

 
At 8:43 AM , Blogger holly said...

Sara-
I'm down with that one. I know that sitting thinking about my stinkin life isn't helping me one bit so I will do whatever. I can but how would this work? I don't know how to go about it but I think its a very good idea to the beginning of something very cool.

 
At 8:43 AM , Blogger holly said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home